1 additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct; "fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory" [syn: confirmation, check, substantiation]
2 (law) an affidavit attached to a statement confirming the truth of that statement
Nounverification (plural verifications)
- The act of verifying
- the state of being verified;
- The detective needed verification of your whereabouts last night.
- Confirmation by evidence.
- A formal phrase used in concluding a plea.
- Verification of an equation
The act of verifying
- Czech: ověření
the state of being verified
Legal: Confirmation by evidence
Math: Verification of an equation
The word verification can refer to:
- Verification and Validation: In engineering or a quality management system, "verification" is the act of reviewing, inspecting, testing, etc. to establish and document that a product, service, or system meets the regulatory, standard, or specification requirements. By contrast, validation refers to meeting the needs of the intended end-user or customer.
- Verification (spaceflight) In the space systems engineering area verification covers the processes of qualification and acceptance.
- Verification theory A philosophical theory relating the meaning of a statement to how it is verified
- Third-party verification Use of an independent organisation to verify the identity of a customer
- Formal verification Formal mathematical proof of the correctness of algorithms
- Functional verification All forms of verification that an algorithm implements the specified functions
- Runtime verification A form of formal verification during execution
- Software verification An overview of techniques for verifying software
- In circuit development:
- Physical verification Verification of the design of a circuit
- In systems engineering:
- Testing to confirm that the system, subsystem or component meets documented requirements or specifications levied on the design.
verification in Czech: Verifikace
verification in Polish: weryfikacja
acid test, affirmation, ascertainment, assay, assurance, attestation, authentication, backing, backing up, bearing out, blank determination, bolstering, brouillon, buttressing, certification, check, checking, circumstantiation, collation, comparative scrutiny, confirmation, corroboration, corroboratory evidence, criterion, cross-check, crucial test, crucible, determination, docimasy, documentation, ensuring, essay, establishment, feeling out, first draft, fortification, kiteflying, ordeal, probation, proof, proving, proving out, ratification, reassurance, reassurement, reinforcement, rough draft, rough sketch, sounding out, standard, strengthening, substantiation, support, supporting evidence, test, test case, touchstone, trial, try, undergirding, validation